Search (powered by Google)

自定义搜索

Thursday, May 24, 2007

New friends

Last saturday Ik Tse invited me to attend a forum of public transport for disabled group. In the forum i understood that how malaysia authority overlook the needs of disabled group on public transport. Public transport, especially bus service which is cheap, is so important for us to survive, due to the fact that most of us cant really drive, yet not rich enough to afford taxi to travel around. I not sure how effective is such a forum can gain attention of authority, even public. But i think it is necessary to do something, to fight for the right.

In the forum i saw various types of disabled people voiced out their needs, included blinds, deaf, wheelchair bounded personnel, intellectual disturbed personnel, and of course celebral palsy member. If you followed my blog before you would know i am a cp member.

I get know quite some disabled friends there especially Anne, ChinChin and Yin Tsang (who been introduced afterward by Anne through MSN). By knowing them i realised how lucky i am due to my mild condition comparing them. In fact my situation when i was young was pretty worse than now. But because of my parents efforts, and with some luck i able to minimize the effects of cp in my life.

Anyway, i am happy to know them, as my new friends.

No comments: