Search (powered by Google)

自定义搜索

Monday, November 27, 2006

Sigh... troublesome accident

Remember that my friend driven my car and knocked a Mercedes around 4 months ago? Its really shocked me that the matter its not settled yet!!!

I got a letter friday saying that insurance company is waiting for my notification before they can proceed with the claiming process for the victim. The letter also saying that they will not approve the claim if i fail to provide them the documents requested in letter by 29 Nov, in other words, i have to pay the Mercedes!!! .. crap

I called KC, my friend, the culprit of everything, to go police station to get the police report, as requested in the letter. At the mean time, i called KB, my friend who working as insurance agent, for the details. Finally i find out that actually is my car insurance agent's fault, he never mentioned to me that i have to notify insurance company about the accident within 14 days after making police report. This suppose to be his responbility right? And i called him to tell him about the letter, then he only tell me that he got the letter carbon copy days before, what the heck, how can he never call me up for this since he got the letter much earlier than i was?

I was furious but i didnt scold him. He try to calm me down by saying that everything will be fine but he seem dont know what really need to do. He suppose go the insurance branch to fight for me and try to delay the due date for documents submission, but he asked me to call the insurance branch myself to make the request myself. What a good service.

I fade up and make the worst assumption that insurance company will reject the claim. I told my friend that with no choice i have to charge the claim on him, even though i know that he dont really have much money now. A mercedes, a slight scratch is able to claim for 1-2k already... sigh.....

until today KC couldnt get the police report yet. I fax a letter to the insurance branch to request for postpone the due date. Hopefully everything will be fine. I really short of money already.... sigh....

No comments: