Search (powered by Google)

自定义搜索

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Harddisk crashed

My company laptop was in coma and its heart (harddisk crashed) stopped functioning during my holidays in Johor Bahru. Its really sucks as i never back up my data inside. The first thing i did on monday (after breakfast) in office was went to IT department to do CPR for my laptop. After 15 minutes of diagnosis the engineer declared that heart transplant was needed. Oh my god...... mean all my data was lost?

Luckily he told me the old heart was able to function for a moment with external tool. I was just hoped that i was able to retrieve all my data. After he finished put in both the new and old heart into my laptop, we tried to browse through what were still available. Unfortunately he told me that most part of the old heart was spoilt, sobs sobs....... only 40% of data were available ... and half of them are not really important to me ...... most of my important data were gone in the wind ~~~ .. sigh....

After i discharged my laptop from hospital, i found that its just rather like a new laptop, with nothing inside... I tried to ask around if anyone still keeping the documents and emails that i needed. Surprisingly my department spice girl (who now is stationed in US), keeping half of the emails i needed... oh.. she is my saviour ..... haha......

Anyway, I still lost some important data... hopefully this wont affect my work significantly.

No comments: